- WHY SHOULD I BELONG TO THE BEA?
The goals of our association, as outlined in our bylaws, are, “to promote within the teaching group the highest type of professional practices, to encourage active participation of all members in the solution of school problems, to promote teachers’ participation in school management, to aid in securing and maintaining adequate salaries, hours, working conditions and other benefits, and to encourage teachers to exercise their rights and privileges as citizens by accepting willingly leadership in civic affairs.”
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A MEMBER AND NOT BEING A MEMBER?
- WHO IS MY BUILDING REP?
- WHAT IF I NEED TO TAKE MATERNITY LEAVE?
- HOW CAN I GET AN MTA MEMBERSHIP CARD?
- Reach out to our VP of Membership Rachel Herbert!
- WHERE CAN I FIND OUT ABOUT MTA’S MEMBER BENEFITS PROGRAMS?
- HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT TEACHER RETIREMENT BENEFITS AND PROGRAMS IN MASSACHUSETTS?
- Check the Massachusetts Teachers Retirement System’ website at: mass.gov/mtrs. The MTRS is located at 500 Rutherford Ave., Suite 210, Charlestown, MA 02129-1629. Call 617-679-MTRS (6877).